Wednesday 9 November 2016

Voki

Voki is a website created by Oddcast. It can be used as an educational tool that allows users to create their very own talking character. Voki characters can be customized to look like historical figures, cartoons, animals, and even yourself!

This is a Voki character that I have created. It is Count Dracula! Click here to go to my Voki character.
My Voki Character - Count Dracula.

When Dr. Marta wanted us to think how to use Voki in our classroom, I imagined using it in teaching my students "Guilliver's Travel" graphic novel which is in the Year 5 (11 years old) syllabus. 
A graphic novel that I teach my students. 
I will use Voki as an interesting ways to introduce all the characters in the graphic novel. Other than that, I can ask my students to create their own Voki based on the characters in the graphic novel after they have learnt it. My students will need to work in pairs and create the Voki characters. Their characters will explain a brief characteristics and story. This will be an interesting ways to assess my students' understanding of the graphic novel.
Share:

0 comments :

Post a Comment